add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Scratches on fractal r5 side panel window, is this normal?

abucketlol

41 months ago

So i've had this case for 5 months now, and maybe i'm just noticing it now but when I look at the side panel window at a certain angle i can see horizontal scratches all over the window. The scratches are not on the surface but they are inside the material. I've been careful taking the panel on and off so I'm left wondering, is this normal for this kind of material? Should i be worried, hope id doesn't break on me :p

Thanks!

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Any way to post a photo of it?

If it's not normal and you have been handling it properly, RMA is your best bet.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I do https://gyazo.com/8d2490c778fc6f9e946337dfdca9a009

I did clean the panel once but i really didn't put that much pressure on it.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't really see very many scratches in the photo?

I would suggest you contact Fractal Design.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

If you look at the left side of the window, you can see tiny horizontal scratches from top to bottom. You can't see them?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, have you been handling it properly and carefully?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

This is my first build so I think so, although i've now read that cleaning the windows with cloth can result in scratches. but apart from that, i always took the panel off slowly and carefully. So maybe I learn from this and just buy a new side panel and never use cloth again?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Normal. A vast majority of case windows are made of clear plastic (as opposed to actual glass), and therefore scratch very easily.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not going to break on you... :)

YOu can contact fractal as they have a great customer service.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube