add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT S340 ($65) or Corsair 400c ($90)

kevin_keck

41 months ago

If there's anyone who has or had at some point either of these cases, please fill me in on how your experience was with it. I'm building a gaming pc that I want to upgrade as time goes on to eventually a full custom water loop, but for now, I'm just sticking with an air cooler. Both cases support this direction of cooling, along with all the components in the list provided below. The games I plan on playing are: AC Syndicate, GTA V, ARK Survival, COD advanced warfare, Farcry Primal, rise of the tomb raider, etc on 100hz IPS 5ms monitor.

My parts list to play these games are:

1.) http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nzjXvV or

2.) http://pcpartpicker.com/list/KhZL2R

I put the NZXT case for each parts list to see if clearance would be an issue since it's smaller and it's not. Plus the corsair case has much more clearance availability. And if there's any parts revision you wish to add, please by all means.

NZXT s340 has a cheap, flimsy dust psu dust filter at the bottom, no radiator support on top so my case will be prone to negative pressure (which will be bad for keeping out dust), no push/pull config support in front, no rubber hard drive caddies to prevent audible vibrations, no dust filter on top, no sound dampening material, and easily scratchable side panel window.

Corsair 400c has no visible ssd caddy like in the s340 (which I like a lot) and located in the back which gets in the way for cable management, hardly any direct cutouts at the bottom of motherboard for front I/O connectors (bad cable managements, basically), expensive at retail price, limited cable management clearance in the back, and no sound dampening material.

Both however offer a front magnetic dust filter, radiator support, great outside aesthetic looks, power supply shroud/cover (which I love), mid tower ATX compact feel, side panel window, etc.

So as you guys can see, it would help me a lot for your guys' opinions on these two cases/parts list that I've constructed and hopefully I'll answer other people's questions too. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

consider the Phanteks P400 too.

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I did consider the P400S too, but I didn't like the fact that the fan hub on the I/O only supports two fans

I wasn't aware the P400 had a fan hub. either way, two thoughts come to mind here. you don't have to use it. the cases you're considering don't have one at all. how is that an actual con?

the led switch is pretty basic (Hue+ is infinitely better)

another extra you don't have on the other cases and don't have to use

no top radiator support,

again, a con that is present in another case you're considering.

the moduvent concept isn't really attractive to me and no dust filters along with them

only the "S" version comes with moduvents, but no side window which you like, so I recommended the standard version. both versions of the P400 come with a top dust filter too.

now I can see if the case doesn't meet your standard aesthetically, but looking at your OP these cons range from flimsy to outright double talk. my two cents you should get the 400C out of the other 2. it's built better, more flexible and has more mounting potential. this from an S340 owner. good luck.

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

400C is the way to go.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm also torn between these two cases.Btw how are the thermals inside the S340? Is it true that the S340 has more metal than the 400c as some reviews/articles make of it?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube