add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Z87 Pro or Sabertooth

Pyrene
  • 79 months ago

So amazon sent me the Z87 Sabertooth, despite me order a z87 Pro. Pro seems better, but the sabertooth is like £100 more expensive. Thing is, do i get the proper one sent out, or keep the sabertooth

Views on which is better?

And why if you can!

Cheers

Comments

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Keep the sabertooth! It does have several gimmicky features, but nonetheless features that may help with the stability of your board and OCing. PLEASE keep it you got really lucky!

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Why? from what I see, looking at it all, the pro is better. It also has in built wi-fi which is really why i want the pro. Pro also seems better for over clocking

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Also the pro seems to do more. I may be wrong, dont really know much about mobo's

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

The Sabertooth is a more gaming oriented motherboard, while the Pro is a more workstation-oriented motherboard. The thermal armour also looks really nice, imo.

The Sabertooth will come with more software, and will also probably be better for overclocking (due in part to the 8+2 power phase design). The Pro has more connectivity, including Bluetooth 3.0/4.0, and DVI off the board itself (if you ever are without a GPU and need DVI).

It really depends what you're looking for. Personally, I would probably go for the Pro, since because of where my computer sits I need WiFi (I got an MPower for this reason). They're both great boards. If you really wanted, you could sell the Sabertooth, and buy a Pro and make some money on it...

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I'm going to keep sabertooth, mainly because its already in the machine, but also becuase everyone seems to say its the better board. Im going to nip down maplin and just buy a wireless PCi-E card

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

sabertooth fo sho

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube