add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How many fans will this case fit?

jimrawr

40 months ago

I am trying to figure out how many fans I can fit in the front of this case, and the top. Can anyone help/confirm? I was thinking two 140mm fans on the top, and three 120mm fans in the front. Does that sound correct?

Phantek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic ATX Mid

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vVwqqs/phanteks-case-phes515pabk

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 3 points

up to 7 fans max. 3 x 120 mm (2 x 140 mm) fans in the front, 3 x 140 mm fans on the top (although spec only say's 2, 3 fit) and 1 120/140 mm fan on the rear. since you'll be using an optical drive, 5 x 140 mm fans is best if you wanna max out the fan locations. though not necessary. another 140 mm fan in the front is fine. another PH 140SP, the same fan that comes with the case, would be a good choice.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

THANKS!

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

You can fit 2 140mm or 3 120mm in the front if you remove the optical drive cage.

You can also fit the same thing up top and a single 140 or 120mm at the back.

By default, it comes with 1 140mm in the front and 1 140mm at the back.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I plan on using the optical drive cage. So I am probably best with two 140's on the top and the front, right?

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

Where possible use 140mm over 120mm fans as they move more air at less rpms (more silent).

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I would think so. Here are some good fans, for your reference: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/fHhj4D,gD9KHx/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube