add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Product key uses

Matnoob12
  • 46 months ago

I bought and installed the Windows 10 Home USB retail version. I want to know if I can use the USB drive and product key again or not?

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

One license, one system.
You can read the EULA.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait! You mean the text that no one really reads, just clicks accept?

People will sell their organs one day to software companies :)

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait! You mean the text that no one really reads, just clicks accept?

Uhh, nobody? I think it's a terrible idea to accept an agreement without reading it. Who knows what you're accepting when you don't read it? (I am not trolling, I literally make myself read every EULA / TOS I am prompted.)

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Absolutely agreed.

That was a sarcastic comment as users usually don't bother reading the contract they actually agree upon.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, 99% of the population doesn't do what they should be doing. Some agreements obligate you to carefully read them, meaning that not reading them could be a violation. (Some of them, but most of them don't.)

[comment deleted]
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I remember some company did something like putting "you have to pay us this and that much every month" in their EULA.

Though eventually they got sued by misconduct and they lost the lawsuit even though people agreed to what the EULA said. The main argument was something like it's not the usual place for monthly fee agreement to state. And the company was counting on the fact that the majority of the users don't read the EULA.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

But let's say I need the thumb drive to reinstall Windows on the same system?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Same system, different system, it does not matter so long as you have it only on one system.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

But I should indeed keep the USB drive right?

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube