add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W vs Corsair RM1000x

Beechy
  • 44 months ago

Aloha y'all. $$ is in and it's time to start ordering. Just wondering what opinions are about the PSU. I was originally going for the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W, but now my mate is saying the Corsair RM1000x due to the Zero RPM Fan Mode. IMO, the EVGA is better quality, not sure about noise wise, though. Any opinions on which one I should go for?

PS. I know a fair few people will say 1000W is overkill, but not for adding the SLI and the number of external HDD's, etc., I am, and will be, running.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

they are both great quality. I would just get the cheapest of the 2. You can't go wrong with any of the 2.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, Enrico. Price wise, they are $20 difference (Corsair cheaper), but the Cablemod Cables are $24 more for the Corsair, so they both balance out, well, $4 cheaper for the EVGA and cables. So, the difference really would be 7 years warranty for Corsair, compared to 10 years for the EVGA. Thinking the EVGA is the one I'm leaning to.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The warranty is 10 years old for the Corsair too.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm, says 7 years on site (Australia):

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/32222/corsair-rm1000i-80plus-gold-1000w-modular-power-supply

About halfway down page. Probably one of those "benefits" of being Australian. :P

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The shop didn't update their descriptions - it used to be 7 year up until half a year ago. You get 10 years warranty from Corsair regardless where in the world you are.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool. Good to know. Do you have an opinion on which one?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

what OrionFOTL said is true: RMi Series™ PSUs have a 10 year warranty http://www.corsair.com/en/support/warranty

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

the RMx is the best 80+ gold 1000 watt on the market as far as overall performance, quality, value etc. the major difference (and the deciding factor) between the RMx 1000 and 1000 G2 is noise level because everything else is basically the same. the 1000 G2 doesn't have the eco fan mode like the 550-850 watt variants that came out after it. it has a loud fan profile in general too. make sure you get the right cable kit for the RMx, it isn't the same one that goes with the RM, HXi or AXi series.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, mate. The noise was the biggest issue I was trying to find out about. Reading reviews for the G2, seems like it's quiet until it hits around 450W, then the noise rises. So with that in mind, I might actually go with the Corsair RM1000i. So, will change the Cablemod Cables to the C-Series RMi / RMx version.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, I just noticed I wrote the wrong version before. So which one should I grab?

The Corsair RM1000i or the Corsair RM1000x?

I'm thinking the RMi series,as it uses a Fluid Dynamic Bearing fan, whilst the RMx series uses a Rifle Bearing fan, same as the RM series. The latter is supposed to not last as long, and also potentially be a little noisier.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

with the rmi you can also use corsair link for a fan profile. rmx not.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

doesn't matter. the RMx is very quiet just like the RMi. the fan may not last as long, but with the psu's fan profile it will last at least a decade. as you can see in these tests the noise level is virtually identical.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The RMx is a lot quieter since the G2 doesn't have a zero fan mode of any sort and has a aggressive fan profile. Also it has a 10 year warranty just like the G2 does. I would go with the RMx.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube