add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows help ASAP please

yANNNi_
  • 46 months ago

If I purchase Windows 10 from a shop near me and have the disc and product key can I still install it to my new build via usb

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. You're essentially paying for the product key, the disc is just a method of getting the OS onto your system. You can just disregard the disk and install via USB with the product key.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

You should be able to copy the content of the DVD to your USB stick after you made it bootable.

Read this to learn how to make a bootable USB stick to install Windows.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

In this case it will just make more sense to download windows 10 from microsoft site using their tool which will burn it to a usb drive. This would guarantee having the latest build available as of now, which may not be the case with the DVD.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Um, last time I checked there was no free download from MS's website without purchase. And he purchased a DVD not a digital copy from Microsoft.

Can you post a link for the direct download from MS's website, please?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

There has always been a free download (not free windows). You would need a key to activate obviously.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

download tool now

The tool will download latest build and burn to USB or DVD.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll try it at home.

Strange enough, it's a blank page with Crome. Firefox opens the site just fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube