add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

power surge on RM 850x, fried my SSD, Help ?

Ali556
  • 44 months ago

just built my pc, then it wont boot up, ran a full system diagnostic and my SSD was fried, replaced with a new one, today the pc woke up from sleep with massage "power surge detected on the last power on, and asus power protection turned on to save your hard ware" or something like this,

working now and and stable, but i'm very cautious with it

Setup :

corsair Rm 850x gold 17 6700 no OC msi 1070 OC mode asus z17- pro gaming g.skill ram h105 AIO

my power demand is like 350-400w

can you guys help

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 3 points

Your forgot to include the name of the SSD that got fried. That sounds like the drive's fault - the circuitry shorted somewhere and started drawing excessive load, that's usually what happens.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

samsung evo 850ssd 1tb

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

power surges can happen almost anytime. what u r worrying about is if ur wattage is enough for your build, i'd have to see the full build in order to makw a exact statement but get a surge protector, fairly cheap, and if its storming outside, rather not be on it, and unplug it just in case, cause a bolt struck my light pole and fried half my neighborhoods, routers,.........att were busy that day

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

nah man, its summer time and its dry like a bone, moved my extension cord to another socket and the warning massage does not appear

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube