add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thoughts on the SeaSonic PRIME 650W?

thisunami
  • 44 months ago

I haven't seen any reviews or anyone on this site with the PSU so I was wondering what everyone thought about it. I wanted to get the EVGA Supernova 650W P2 but for $40 more you get flat black cables (not to big of a deal since I may get extensions down the line), a better looking PSU (i have the phanteks evolv glass and from what i understand removing the sticker voids the warranty on EVGA), a quieter fan when under load (again may not be an issue for me), and titanium rating. What do you guys think?

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm replacing my PSU and was debating the Prime 750 which is $170 or an EVGA T2. That is titanium to titanium. I decided that while they are both great its overkill for me. The EVGA G2 750 ranks almost as high as the Prime and is under $100 with MIR and its what I'm going to get. If you are running dual 1080's or Titan XP's then sure but for your average gamer a Seasonic or Superflower Gold level PSU is going to be great.

If my PSU was going to be seen like yours and I wasn't saving for other components I may get the Prime just to say I have one top notch and sexy component in my build.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for that link got it bookmarked now.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Holy crap, does this thing even know what ripple is? <10mV at pretty much all times is ridiculous.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

HardOCP review:

Those results, taken together, make this unit mixed against the Snow Silent 750W and that unit was previously one of the best units we had ever seen overall when it came to voltage regulation. Therefore, since not much has changed since we saw the Snow Silent 750W, the PRIME 750W is also one of the best units we have ever seen when it comes to the voltage regulation from a power supply in whole.

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

Kind of incredible isn't it? I'd love to see EVGA use some of these, the ultra-tight voltage regulation and low ripple are excellent.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, I thought that you misinterpreted the numbers and thought that its voltage regulation was terrible.

Anyways, I totally agree.

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

Haha, hopefully this can be the the upcoming TS, or whatever EVGA calls it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube