• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Tooth 32 months ago

I had some fun putting together this youtube video of my experience with one of the new 1080 video cards. Hope you enjoy :)

IF you have a 4K monitor, be sure and select the higher resolution.

Any questions, please ask!

https://youtu.be/kX1pvRzhFv4

Comments Sorted by:

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 32 months ago

The performance in fps is similar to other 1080 models but the temperatures are always much lower on hybrid GPUs.

Good to see this holds true as well with this new collaboration card of MSI & Corsair.

Wolfemane 7 Builds 1 point 32 months ago

Hey Tooth, what kind of overclocking have you achieved? I can't view the vid until I get home (stupid work). I've been debating on whether to get a pair of 1080's and a couple waterblocks, or get two of these MSI cards with the block already installed.

Price is about the same. $800 for all in one, or $650 for card and $150 for waterblock.

The ONLY thing keeping me from getting the MSI is I'd prefer to have liquid Ultra as the TIM instead of a generic TIM. And really, that's not a huge issue.

Tooth submitter 1 Build 1 point 32 months ago

MSI has a gaming app. I click on the button "OC mode" and that number is 2012Mhz. This is the harmless OC button lol. Other than the press of one button, that is all i did.

MSI has a sea hawk ex for direct connect to your liquid cooling. It is make this way. The Sea Hawk X, has fan + liquid cooling.

https://us.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1070-SEA-HAWK-X.html#hero-overview

1797 MHz / 1607 MHz / 8108 MHz (OC Mode)

looks weird, I get 2012 MHz in OC Mode. They have gaming mode, silent mode also.

GeForce® GTX 1080 SEA HAWK EK X <<<-----your "liquid ultra".

https://us.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-SEA-HAWK-EK-X.html#hero-overview

1847 MHz / 1708 MHz / 10108 MHz (OC Mode)

again, i get a solid 2012MHz which in the youtube I was running OC mode

Wolfemane 7 Builds 1 point 32 months ago

Thanks for the info!

Yeah I know the difference. But in reality the temps between the two cards shouldn't be all that different, nor will the clock speeds. Was just curious how high you might have gotten it and how cool it stays.

Can't wait to check out your vid. Might be the thing I need to push me to buying the cards. :)

I didnt test the limits, no.

seem to be around 41-43C during gaming

I think you right, seems all the 1080's are similar in the numbers. Stuck to the limits which is not much. Not much room for OC'ing is what I am reading.

Cooling is a subject we can talk about :)

Dolomats 1 Build 1 point 32 months ago

Nice Specs and GPU is awesome it stay cool even in explosions :p

[comment deleted]

yes, I live just south of the north pole LOL

What kind of fan? Right now it is sooo quiet and cold. Dont know how it could get any better?

[comment deleted]

Another sea hawk x owner that he is replacing his fan with a

replace it with a Cougar fan

Do you know, or have link to this "Cougar" fan?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Thats what I was looking for in a video card that runs "Cool" and quiet :)

My 2 month wait had to end and glad I picked up the MSI