add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good PSU for <$110 AUD

Nuckles_56
  • 44 months ago

I'm looking to build a m-ITX build in the CM Elite 130 with a i5-6500 and rx 480 and I'm wondering what the best semi/fully modular PSU for $110 would be.

Parts list

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $274.00 @ Centre Com
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $164.00 @ PLE Computers
Memory G.Skill Aegis 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $89.00 @ CPL Online
Storage Toshiba 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $93.00 @ IJK
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ 4G Video Card $369.00 @ Scorptec
Case Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case $58.00 @ CPL Online
Power Supply Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $117.00 @ IJK
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $137.00 @ Umart
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1301.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-14 20:30 AEST+1000

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point
[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

That was my problem with it and the 550W one was way too expensive, I ended up going with the HCG-520M.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go with the HCG 520M. So same one that you have got but the lower wattage.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/VCxfrH/antec-power-supply-hcg520m

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

It has been EOL'd and is unavailable from CPL, so not really an option

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Look out for sales on amazon then. I live in aus as well and had this delivered from the US. With the current exchange rate though that might not be such a good idea.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The thing was that I was trying to avoid overseas shipping for the currency exchange issue and I didn't want to wait that long either

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah well in that case the Antec HCG 520M would be your best option for this build.

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

That's what I ended up doing in the end

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube