add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

complete clean total reformat and install windows 10 how?

jeremyphay
  • 46 months ago

i have the windows 10 usb

i have 3 drives

C drive for windows and main programs

D drive for games

E for documents

i already backed up everything i need i just wana know how to do a clean format on all drive and reinstall windows 10.

after reinstall whats the first things i need to install?

please give me a step by step as detailed as possible guide as im really new to computering stuffs

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/P43Bcc link to my current build

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

This video is quite a good guide on how to do a format and install, only slight difference being that you would select the USB as the device to boot from in the bios at the start.

I would recommend downloading a copy of your Lan Driver, backing up the downloaded file and then making it the first thing you install once the Windows 10 installation is complete. Pretty much because this driver will allow you to connect to the internet (and will be a more recent version than the one included on the CD which came with the motherboard).

Other than that you would just check that your graphics driver is up to date and then start installing your normal programs. I find this site useful to select most of the common programs as it will install them all for you at once rather than needing to download/install them all one by one. I would recommend including at least either Avast or AVG along with Malwarebytes for security purposes. The rest are mostly just personal preference.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

so using the usb to reformat is cleaner then just fight clicking on the drive and click format?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

During the windows install you have option to format.

If you right click your OS drive and format, you are stuck. hit shut down. Actually I have never done this, just seems wrong. I dont want to know :)

USB is best option to format the OS drive

Just make your USB drive "bootable", select boot options, "USB Drive"............

as mentioned above

you would select the USB as the device to boot from in the bios at the start.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

bumppppppppppppppppppppppp

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Software > General Software" to "Software > Operating Systems".

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube