add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cube vs Tower cases

hawkins109

40 months ago

If you had a choice which would you choose? A cube case or a tower? Something like the Thermaltake v21, x2, or even the x9? Or as far as towers go the Phanteks Enthoo line or the NZXT Noctis 450 or I think it's the S340? I'd like for it to be able to fit a 1070 and a good liquid AIO (240 or 280). Mainly looking at mATX and ATX mobos to fit into the case. I feel eATX is too big and mITX is too small. Any input or even other suggestions are welcome. Mainly posting this because I saw some builds with a cube case and was interested in the pros and cons of them versus a tower

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

For a cube case i would recommend the fractal node 804 (probably the best cube case IMO). Excellent quality!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cXNveozvpM

mATX is a good choice (good balance as not so big) as it would also let you SLI or crossfire.

If going with a case tower phanteks or fractal design are excellent choices but then an ATX board would make more sense with a bigger case..

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on where I'm putting the computer. Footprint is more often the limiting factor than height clearance, so I usually go for towers. But cubes are fun to work with when I want to mix things up.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Basically the computer will be sitting on my desk next to my monitor. It's one of those desks with the built in "cubby hole", if you will, for a computer. But then again, I'm the type of guy who doesn't necessarily like suffocating his computer if he's going to spend hundreds of dollars on it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube