add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case Fans

AuraNightheart

40 months ago

Is it a good idea to just use an Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition for my case exhaust fan or should I go for the SP140?

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

the AF are case fans, the SP are radiator fans with much lower cfm. which case do you have? AF140's aren't very good for their cost. many better alternatives.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I was planning on getting a Cooler Master Pro 5. Which 140mm fans would you suggest?

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Phanteks 140 SP fans have better build quality, lower noise and better performance.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

And for case fans is there a Phanteks variant as well?

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

no, those are airflow optimized case fans despite the name. they have average static pressure, but high cfm rating. and they really do move the air well with low noise. Corsair naming conventions are elementary and don't really apply across every manufacturer.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright. These look great to use then. Thanks!

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Can confirm with PureBlackFire on the Phanteks fans. I use 5 of them in my system and they pull a fair amount of air into and out of my system while maintaining a reasonable noise level. They are audible but to me it is a slight hum and nothing to bad.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright. Sounds good! Thanks!

Pun intended.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube