add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

phanteks evolv pwm fan hub

angeloabary

40 months ago

hi guys just have a question...i have a phanteks evolv atx and i have 4 (3front and 1 back for exhaust) and i want to control them individually. if i use the fan hub will i only see 1 fan in fan xpert and bios? as its connected to a hub instead of connecting it in each chafan connector?

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, you will only see 1 fan in the fan xpert and bios if you connect all the fans through the hub.

they are PWM, so whatever you set on the bios will be applied to all the fans.

it's actually better if you would attach the same type of fans (brand & size) to the hub, while the other fans go to your extra fan ports on the mobo.

note: the hub can take maximum of 1amp (so if your fan is 0.14amp, do not attach more than 7)

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

aaah i see! thats good to know! i have all my fans same brand (thermaltake riing led) i was thinking since this is the case that all the intake top and front will be connected to the hub and the outtake (back and bot will be connected through the board so i can gauge if i want which part of the chasis needs more outtake for better airflow.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube