add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair 400C, fans setup

Jose.Pablo.JP

40 months ago

hi, i'm planning to make a build on a corsair 400c. I have reached the point of the fan configuration and i have some doubts.

From your experience what would be the best fan size and quantity. I been and researching for a few hours but i could not find something that help, my doubts are about having 3x120mm or 2x140mm fans on the front, and about 2x140mm or 2x120mm fans with a corsair h115i on the top.

I would like to see your opinion about performance (best temperature, positive airflow, etc...); Let's suppose that the fans are going to run at 100% so let's ignore the sound factor.

Also what do yo think on having the convination of 140mm's on the front and 120mm's on the top and vice versa(140mm's on the top and 120mm's on the front)?, how does this affects?

BTW sorry for bad english ( in case you find a misspelling)

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 3 points

Here is a shot at it Pablo. I love this case and would use it if I was making a new ATX build.
Mount H115i to top as intake Two 140 mm PWM fans (made for high static pressure, e.g. Phanteks 140MP) with top one going to a PWM controlled spot on motherboard or using a CPU PWM splitter (that is what I do); bottom fan can be GPU controlled if you can connect a GPU PWM splitter or buy a GPU with PWM connector (some new one have this now!). http://www.moddiy.com/products/Mini-4%252dPin-GPU-%28Female%29-to-Mini-4%252dPin-GPU-%28Male%29-%7B47%7D-4%252dPin-Fan-%28Male%29-Cable-Splitter.html

So the rear exhaust fan and top front fan would move to get the hot CPU exhaust out of the case. The bottom fan will help to move out the GPU exhaust out the back as well as supply the GPU with cold air.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube