add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Suggested Power supply?

ImElkay
  • 77 months ago

Here's the dealio. I'm looking for a PSU that is at least 850w, and preferably under 150$ maybe a bit over. Fully modular would be nice, but semi is okay to. I also want something very high quality since I will be running pretty high end components with it. I was thinking the Corsair HX 850, but I have heard of some coil whine issues with that particular line of PSU's. Can someone disprove (or confirm) this? If not, any suggestions are appreciated and taken into consideration. If you want an idea of the components that will be running on this system, here is the parts list.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ImElkay/saved/2Iw3

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

850W is overkill for that setup.

If you are going to run only one GPU in your PC, a bronze rated 600W PSU is enough, like, http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii620bronze.

If you want to run 2-way sli/crossfire, you would need a 750W PSU.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

But I am going to overclock, who knows how much. Maybe a lot in the future. Also will be adding more expansion cards if I can fit them.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Then that PSU in your build is good enough. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube