add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which Water Cooler Should I Choose?

Smolenski

41 months ago

Which one of these is the most reliable and cools the best? NZXT Kraken X61, Corsair H110i GTX, Cooler Master Nepton 240M, Swiftech H240-X

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The Kraken and Swiftech are the highest performing, followed closely by the h110i GTX, with the CM Nepton in an unfortunate last place.

The Kraken is the quietest of the whole bunch because it's the only one that offers variable pump speed.

The Swiftech offers the benefit of being transferred to an open loop system, which none of the others offer.

Now, all of these coolers are good, but here's the definitive ranking of them

• 1/2: Kraken X61 and Swiftech H240-X
  • 3: Corsair H110i GTX
  • 4: CM Nepton 240M
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Out of the Kraken and Swiftech, which one performs better?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

They perform extremely similarly. In this review of the H240-X you can see it's relative performance. For reference, the X61 performs slightly better than the H220-X, which puts the H240-X essentially on par with the Kraken.

The difference between the two is essentially within the margin of error. I'd choose based on future plans and price. If you don't plan to ever expand to a custom loop, then you don't need to pay extra if the Swiftech is more expensive than the Kraken.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 41 months ago
  • 2 points

Corsair has had plenty of reported leaks too. It's just a game of chance since every component manufactured can't be perfect

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

If you mean using the liquid cooler to cool the GPU, no it won't work. The GPU has an entirely different surface than the CPU and you need a customized water block to liquid cool the GPU unless it comes liquid cooled already (like the Hybrid, Seahawk, etc.)

As for cooling a CPU, they are all good. Refer to my other post for the major differences

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

You can actually use a liquid cooler such as the X61 on GPUs. You just use the NZXT G10 bracket to mount it.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

That's why I said "you need a customized water block", but thanks for adding the specifics :)

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

heard NZXT one quality is not as good,

Can you please provide a source of proof?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube