add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Xbox gamer question that has to do with playing games on win 10

Cameron26
  • 45 months ago

I have a Xbox gt shotgun Jonny. I purchased x amount of games. Can I log into win 10 and play these on my PC with out a Xbox. My question is can I play any Xbox one or arcade games on my PC without needing a Xbox 360 or one.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

No.

The only games that are playable on Windows, that you could buy on the Xbox One, are ones specifically marketed with Cross Buy. This only started this year, and there aren't that many that support it. Going forward, all new Xbox One games will support it.

Further, you have to buy them a specific way to get the cross buy feature. For example, Gears of War 4 is coming up. You only get cross buy if you buy it digitally; if you pick up an Xbox One disc at Gamestop, you will not get a Windows copy of the game.

Any Xbox 360 games you bought will not work on Windows, unless you buy the PC editions (assuming they had one).

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

So I can play gears of war 4 on my PC without a Xbox one

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes if you buy the digital copy that supports "Xbox Play Anywhere".

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube