• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

philip 32 months ago

... so this time the structure is a bit different. For the MSI contest this time around there is no popularity vote.

Comments Sorted by:

rhali8 2 Builds 5 points 32 months ago

Aw... RIP my pitchfork business.

Jokes aside, awesome work. You guys are handling things really well. Thumbs up! :)

personwhoknowshowtobuildstuff 1 Build 3 points 31 months ago

oh no

bad memories

joking aside good thing there is no popularity vote, this time will be much better :)

kylclrk 2 points 32 months ago

This is definitely more appealing. The previous contest was literally a popularity contest. I'll actually be entering this contest. =)

pegotico 2 Builds 1 point 31 months ago

This is definitely more appealing.

Exactly..

joshzpants 3 Builds 1 point 32 months ago

MSI is secretly planning to destroy the pcp community from the inside with these contests

philip staff submitter 10 Builds 2 points 32 months ago

This one is different. No voting, so no campaigning, etc.

joshzpants 3 Builds 2 points 32 months ago

yeah I just finished reading the info about the contest and noticed that. This is a much, much better sytem

pegotico 2 Builds 1 point 31 months ago

Agree that this is a much better, unbiased and impartial system. :)

[comment deleted]
Microsoftman 1 point 31 months ago

Nice one!

SakeJams 1 Build 1 point 32 months ago

I understand that you can only include the approved items in your build, but in the picture uploaded on MSI's facebook announcing the contest there seems to be a keyboard and mouse. And in the entry form, they give an example of a permalink, and the example goes to a link that includes both a keyboard and a mouse, so are we allowed to use peripherals in our system builds? I understand if not, just a little confused

BoyScout staff 21 Builds 1 point 31 months ago

Sorry, peripherals aren't eligible items in your part list this time around. The promotional image kinda slipped passed us because it was created before the rules and prizes were finalized.

Xorex64 1 point 31 months ago

I thought when organizing events, you get core ideas, and then rules, terms, and structure, and then aesthetics/visuals/promotional content.

I guess school is a lie then....

commodore64 3 Builds 1 point 31 months ago

Was simple to enter and not a lot of effort, so, why not.. I entered. I didn't know just how little the components we were allowed to choose added up to, had me going back and choosing higher-end components.

Gooberdad 10 Builds 1 point 31 months ago

Well sweet MSI goodness falls on us again. I'm in. Here's hoping for a win. Best of luck to everyone submitting.

I'm still wondering when Jipster pr the other winner is going to post their dream build on here.

BinaryFunction 1 point 31 months ago

Now this is a much better system, won't have voting fraud this time around.

Valiant_ 3 Builds 1 point 31 months ago

For this contest, do we have to figure in state taxes or does that not apply?

elvenson 5 Builds 1 point 31 months ago

Be nice if they lost the Twitter requirements...

[comment deleted]
elvenson 5 Builds 0 points 31 months ago

No. Screw Twitter.

johngerges582 1 point 31 months ago

Why?

because i hate twitter and the throng of morons using it... its only legitimate uses these days seem to be 3rd world revolutions and celebs/brands having a popularity contest.... aka: myspace. :P

johngerges582 2 points 31 months ago

OK.

So you're so opposed to it that you wouldn't even make a throwaway account just to use for the contest?

[comment deleted]

exactly.

dragoon20005 4 Builds 1 point 31 months ago

IMO this contest is better managed as compared to the previous one which had been marred by vote rigging and fake account creations.

here is one suggestions here for the next contest if it were to happen again

put up a full stats of the builds that haven been enter right after the entries have been tallied

show how the voting is done and prob add a bonus wildcard round which the staff of PCPP and MSI choose their favorite builds.

As compared to the previous system which i could see what i have entered.

I kinda forget what was my build look like and there is no way to refer to it again.

Also to add variety, you could included smaller prizes like mouse pads, t-shirts for those builds which almost made the cut but missed out the grand prize.

iirc my build was based on the 6900K but it was one of those rare builds among the sea of 6700K builds.

it will be nice to see the voting could be randomized based on build category like Z170 or X99 and even AM3+ builds.

just my two cents here.

Thanks Dragoon20005

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]