add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Deciding Between an Arc Midi and HAF 922

iflanzy

82 months ago

I'm building my first PC and it will be primarily for gaming. The case has been hard to decide on because I was set on the HAF 922 until I just recently saw the Fractal Design Arc Midi. I know both can fit the Gigabyte 7870 I want to fit in it and both can fit my ATX MoBo, obviously. I guess my question would be more based on opinion, which one do you guys think is better? As a side note, I'm getting the non-modular CX750 PSU so there will be a few extra cables I need to manage.

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm going to make this harder: look at the Corsair 500R.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

That wasn't very hard, I like the look of the Arc Midi so much more than that 500R

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

The 500R has room at the top for a 240mm radiator, and I'm pretty sure it'll fit the Kraken if modified slightly without having to remove the mesh. So...yeah, I find it quite nice.

However, I like the Midi, too. :D

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

So in your opinion, Midi or HAF?

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Midi. If the 500R didn't have the features I wanted more, I'd do the Midi for my build.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I just heard back from the people at Fractal about another question. The Arc Midi 2 has a space for 2 140mm fans in the front, so they confirmed you can get a Kraken 60 in the front. Yay!

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Arc Midi +1

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Fractal just released the Arc Midi 2

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=78227&promoid=1276

$20 off if you buy before 3/13

Some great upgrades from the Arc Midi. http://youtu.be/M8URy-WKm_4

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

This is the case I'll be using for my next build.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't realize it was one sale right now. Thanks for showing me that. Not building this PC until the end of May but I might have to take that deal right now.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Shipping from that website is too expensive. I'll be able to get it cheaper when it goes on amazon.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm waiting for newegg to pick it up.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Well with Amazon I'll get free 2-day shipping, so that's mainly why I would wait for it to be on Amazon.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I did find out that it has a smoked plastic window. It isn't just clear. I'm a little disappointed. I spoke to someone at Fractal and they said that you can buy the clear panel separately for $19.99...

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the fact that it's kind of tinted

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Arc Midi 2 +1

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Arc Midi +1

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

HAF. Just because a own a HAF X and can testify to the awesome quality of this thing. However I thing the 922's steel is a bit thinner.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go with the HAF because you get much more cooling with that case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube