add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Where to install Windows 10

nokinoki
  • 45 months ago

Hi

Can someone tell me where to install windows 10 from a pen drive.

I have a new computer without OS. Every time when I'm installing windows it install on disk "C"

Is it ok? Or should I install on a different partition?

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, the C drive is your OS drive for a Windows machine.

• 45 months ago
  • 9 points

Yes, C:\ is the default name given to the first SSD/HDD Windows finds.

The name C:\ is a historical artifact. Back when floppy drives were still a thing, DOS/Windows reserved A:\ and B:\ to refer to the first two floppy drives, leaving C:\ as the first available letter to assign to hard drives.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I think this went above and beyond the scope of the question, but I'm upvoting anyways.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Thx xD

So It's ok to install windows on c drive ?

And nothing will happen

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes. It's not only "ok" to install Windows there, but it's expected that you would. =)

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you xD

Can I ask you One more question.

As this is a new gaming pc I'm not sure about the use of RAM.

My Spec: I7 6700K MSI gaming m5 GTX 970 (old but I will change it for 1070) xD 16GB RAM 2400

Right now I'm only have a browser open (Opera) and typing this post. Task menager is saying me that 18% of RAM is used (about 2,9GB) is it normal ?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube