add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best CPU cooler?

P4rth

41 months ago

Money is no problem... whats the best aio or air cooler i can get?

side question: kraken x61 or 110i/100i/gtx?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The EKWB Predator. For a HSF performance wise a Scythe Fuma.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

ty, im thinking of doing a custom loop, can you help me with that?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I can help you with that.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

And could u answer this? kraken x61 or 110i/100i/gtx?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Out of the H110I GTX or the 115i GTX and the X61 the GTX performance wise and the Kraken noise wise.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I have some people on the forums saying that the x61 will cool better and both are fairly noisy? Could u link me something comparing those 2/3 coolers?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Just so you have an idea the corsair H115i which is the newer H110i GTX when in performance mode will outperform the X61 but will be louder by around 9-10 db.

If H115i is in quiet mode, the X61 will perform better. Take into consideration that the X61 has a variable speed pump which you can reduce speed which translates to less noise.

This are very similar as both are made by asetek. X61 has a 6 year warranty and H115i a 5 year warranty.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7320/corsair-hydro-h110i-gtx-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/index7.html

Neither are quiet, if you want quiet either go for a HSF or a AIO cooler like the EK Predator.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The best air coolers: Noctua NH-15 and Alpenföhn Olymp.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Best HSF? Noctua NH-D15 and Scythe Fuma(depends on how you mount it)

Best AIO? EK Predator and Swiftech X2.

As Sanic mentioned, the Alpenföhn Olymp is absolutely amazing and beats the D15 in the reviews, but I don't think it's possible to get in North America.

If you live in Europe though you can get it.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Scythe Fuma(depends on how you mount it)

Really ugly...

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

And has cheap fans.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep.. didn't think of that.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually kind of like it :P

Well the heat sink anyways. The fans are awful. Why they put sleeve bearings in there makes no sense to me.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd go with the EKWB Predator or Thermaltake Water 3.0, you could do also do a custom.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube