add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EVGA ACX CPU Cooler Question!

Zero_Kyreal

40 months ago

I'll cut right to the point as I am in a bit of a bind and could really use an answer.

I am wonder if the EVGA ACX 120mm Long Life Bearing Active Cooling Extreme CPU Cooler 100-FS-C201-KR Can but put into a LGA1151 socket and used. PCPARTPICKER has it listed in the description of the item HOWEVER when I have gone to the sites thinking to buy they do not list 1151. Just 1150 1155 1156 1366 and 2011.

I would like to know if this would in fact fit into a 1151.

Sorry for the rush about the question, but as my previous PC motherboard decided to **** itself and die the VERY moment I decided to not get a new CPU. Leaving me only with my Classified K motherboard atm and suddenly dropping my previous build expectations. Thank you all for your time.

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

It's listed as compatible with LGA 1151 right here in its spec sheet.

For future reference, the mounting holes are the same for each LGA 115x socket, so coolers that are compatible with one should be compatible with the others.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for taking the time with this. It was because the Spec sheet and the main page http://www.evga.com/articles/00781/ had different info listed. I had seen some yes and some no it was just worth double checking before purchasing.

(Though tbh at this point i'm half debating a closed system loop water cooling instead, but I just not sure it necessary with the huge amounts of massive airflow I have going.)

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Anyone have any insight? I have done a great deal more research and am still getting mixed responses.
PC part Picker has it as a yes and a few others say it will fit and that it was just not listed as a LGA1151 due to release times thus not listed as it predated the LGA1551.

Still looking for answers!

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello,

I can confirm that the EVGA ACX CPU Cooler does fit the 1511 socket type. Here are the compatible sockets:

Intel: 775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011 AMD: AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2

For more information check HERE. If you have additional questions please feel free to ask.

Regards, EVGA

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

This a response you received from them?

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes and there was a CLEAR error on their webpage.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00781/

It should not be fixed just yet as the PDF file lists the 1151 in it but the webpage that leads to the PDF and is the literal page it takes you too when searching for this item DOES NOT have it listed as of right now (9/11/16)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube