add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

3 fans on a H100i v2?

zenith212

41 months ago

So I'm planning to get a H100i v2 CPU cooler for my new build. As well as the Corsair Carbide 400c and a GTX 1080 ROG Strix. I was planning on having 2 fans on the front of the CPU cooler's radiator and 2 on the back. But since the GPU is too long I was going to put 2 fans on the front and 1 on the top of the back-side of the radiator. So my main question is that if you have 3 fans on a CPU cooler's radiator like I'm planning to do will it hurt the radiator or cause problems in any way?

P.S.: I'm planning to put the radiator on the front of the case.

Sketch of what I have in mind: https://twitter.com/creeperboom212/status/776202430220410880

EDIT: I might just stick with air-cooling.

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 0 points

No, you can't put only 3 fans on a 240MM rad. It must 4 or 2 unless you want to risk damaging the radiator. Also you would need to make sure you can do push/pull in the case and adding two more fans to it won't increase the airflow into the case, it will only increase the static pressure with the radiator.

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

How is it a risk damaging your radiator with 3 (or 1?) fans instead of 4 (2)?

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

I wish to know the same thing.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

You would only have half of the screws supporting it.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

OP is not planning to hang radiator on one fan. At least, for his/her sake, I am hoping that he/she is not planning to do that.

It seems that OP is planning to put radiator in the front of the case anyways, so not that much of haning there.

One fan in the bottom -> radiator -> two fans -> front of the case.

Does not seem dangerous.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

OP is not planning to hang radiator on one fan. At least, for his/her sake, I am hoping that he/she is not planning to do that.

Well that is what I imagined they was planning on doing hence why I said what I said.

Does not seem dangerous.

If they do it like that no, it would just look stupid imo.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry for getting a bit aggresive, no offence intended.

Does not seem dangerous.

If they do it like that no, it would just look stupid imo.

If it is stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks for your response.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I think your post/question was a bit misleading, can you supply a sketch of what are you planning to do?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I added a pic to the topic and thanks for your responses.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube