add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition vs. Phanteks Ethoo Luxe White

LemonComputers

39 months ago

Which one of these cases has better aesthetics in your opinion for this parts list, the Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition or the Phanteks Ethoo Luxe White?

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

wow, I was looking at these 2. Both are very nice. I have no experience with either one. I need case larger than those 2 :)

I currently have a thermaltake. I think Phanteks makes a better product from what I have viewed and read. This new larger case for me will be a Phanteks

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I think Phanteks makes a better product from what I have viewed and read. This new larger case for me will be a Phanteks

Would you mind providing a source?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

It was this review. They did a very detailed look at the case + install hardware.
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Overview, Installation and Benchmarks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWsPYTDEmHQ

I liked the review as I was concerned if 2 Hybrids went into the case, what was best location.

Here is member build with 2 hybrids

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/T7VYcf

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

this is the Primo, he's looking at the Luxe.

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

the Luxe, but of course I own it in white so...

don't bother with that 200 mm fan. 200 mm fans all suck. the Luxe comes with one in the front. should be replaced with two 140 mm fans. the ML 140's will be good for the front intake. the fancy ML Pro can go on the rear (though the included 140 mm fans in the case have higher cfm and lower noise levels) and a 120 on the HDD cage. you can put the included 140 mm fan on the bottom intake and leave the one in the top mounted to the front position of the roof. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9ztbLD

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

don't bother with that 200 mm fan. 200 mm fans all suck. the Luxe comes with one in the front. should be replaced with two 140 mm fans.

Why?

I will request part addition for the 120mm fan.

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

why what? why 200 mm fans all suck? because they're loud, have no static pressure (no good against resistance like a dense filter or panel with anything in front of it) and require lots of power to run vs smaller fans. I replaced mine with two of the phanteks 140SP fans (the same that come in the top/rear of the case) and they push more air with less noise than any 200 mm fan will. in fact, you can get those for the front as Corsair ML fan is for radiators and the phanteks 140's have higher cfm and much lower peak noise. as for the part addition, this site simply doesn't have the be quiet fan listed as in stock anymore.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

have no static pressure (no good against resistance like a dense filter or panel with anything in front of it)

I don't think they have none.

I found the 200mm Phanteks PH-F200SP_BK fan that has deeper blades. Does it have better static pressure than the FN-200RB? It has a static pressure of 1.04mm H20, is that good?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

the FN200RB has more because it spins 500 rpm faster. it's also alot louder.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

OK. I will use the ML140 Pro LEDs they have 3.00mm H20 each compared to less than 2.00mm H20.

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

Personally, I'm digging the thermaltake more. Unique is always better in my opinion, plus you can always spray paint the build and really put your stamp on it ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube