add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Everyone come on down! Even you. You who thinks you don't know enough to pitch in. Say something anyways!

jhumm

39 months ago

Hey guys! I'm working with a friend on his future PC I'm not very well versed with amd but I tried to use them to keep the cost down and power up. I then realsied that am3 is an old socket so I instead modified a build guid! (Instead of gojng through the whole mess again) we have already taken a long time. Fire away with all comments suggestion and thoughts thanks! Also on a side note can anyone think of a way to bring the price even lower? I want to prove a point that pcs are affordable like consoles. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dJkKXH

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Lower price, has SSD, perfect for 1080p gaming...still kicks the hell out of any console.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $110.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $53.88 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Aegis 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $37.98 @ Newegg
Storage Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $44.99 @ Best Buy
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $45.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 4GB G1 Gaming Video Card $199.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case DIYPC Solo-T1-BK ATX Mid Tower Case $27.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $55.94 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $577.64
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-15 11:56 EDT-0400
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh that's nice. Even ddr4 nice build! Alright I think i might borrow that one if your ok with that. Why not 16 gb? And if it's 8gb why not just gat a 1x8 8 gb stick?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

most games only need 8gb, so it's to keep the cost down, but there is nothing wrong with 16gb, just not a 'must have'.

1 stick gives you single channel, 2 is dual channel so it can run in parallel somewhat. In theory it is a big improvement in throughput, but in any benchmark I read measuring actual game improvements it wasn't worth saying much about it. So the default is to go with dual channel really, but if you plan to upgrade later you could do a single stick now and one later (since the board in that build only has 2 slots), so you don't throw away this ram to upgrade, and instead just add the 2nd ram later.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

8 GB of RAM is enough for gaming. Going with 16 is not going to net you an added FPS or other performance. You could go with 1X8 stick if it was cheaper, and makes upgrading down the road simpler. However I like having two sticks because if you get a bad set normally one stick will work and you can narrow down why you system is not working.

Feel free to use this however you want.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube