add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build. Close to finalizing.

RoyalV123

39 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TyFL9W

Thoughts and suggestions? I have a little more flexibility for price range. Any upgrade suggestions as far as the processor or gpu? All thoughts and critiques welcome. Just moderate to light heavy gaming needs. Nothing crazy. Thanks for advice!

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks great. Just a few tweaks.

Get a slightly bigger CPU cooler. The CRYORIG H7 is a good one. This is primarily because you have a HUGE case, use that space realistate for extra cooling performance.

This leads to my next point, case. It's more of a personal preference, so if you like the 750D, buy it. But it's overkill for your needs, a mid tower is more optimal.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats what I was thinking too, I have a mid tower in mind too. Is the processor good or will I be better off in the long run getting the 6600k? Is my gpu a solid choice? What do you think of the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

6600K is a waste of money if your motherboard isn't a Z170 chipset which = no overclockability. Stick with the 6500.

Build looks good. If you like that case, go for it. But I personally have built in that case and it's very hard to get cable management look good. The NZXT S340 is my personal choice.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry i forgot your question about the Hyper 212 and the GPU.

GPU is solid, I own that exact same card. It's a great gaming machine.

The hyper 212 is a very good CPU cooler, but it's a bit old. The H7 is a bit newer and has a more efficient fan.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The cpu already comes with a cooler.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not enough. The stock coolers are only good enough for light to medium use on CPUs.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like good midrange performance for under 1k. Well done. Case is a bit big, but that should make fitting everything a breeze.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube