add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time building a pc. Just wondering if this is good or if I need extra parts?

fhm1112

39 months ago

I am going to build a pc for the first time and I was wondering if this is good. Do I need a different third party cooler or is the Intel stock cooler good enough? I mainly plan on using this for general university work and gaming at 1080p with max settings. For now I decided to go for the Evga sc gtx 1060 but still not sure completely if I should go for this card. Other options are the Msi Armor gtx 1060, the Zotac Amp gtx 1060, and the Gigabyte G1 gtx 1060. They are all around the same price so I am still kind of undecided.

Thanks to anyone giving me suggestions.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/fhm1112/saved/86LkLk

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 0 points

If you don't plan on overclocking, you should be fine with the stock cooler.

Your graphics card is fine. The aftermarket cards have a difference of 1-2 fps, so it's really just about researching the cooler (so far, I believe the MSI Gaming X coolers with the Twin Frozr are the best), and finding out which one works for your price range and color scheme. EVGA fits your color scheme just fine.

Only thing I'd change is the PSU. It's always good to get an EVGA G2 PSU.

Don't know much about the case and how well the airflow is, so hopefully someone will be able to give feedback on it.

I take it you probably have your peripherals and such?

Otherwise, looks good bro/sis :)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much. I do have to buy a monitor and mouse and keyboard as well.

[comment deleted]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Whoa lol I didn't even notice. Haters gonna hate ;)

[comment deleted]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I'll look into it thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube