add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is This a Well Rounded Gaming Setup?

Azen

39 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Azen/saved/mLHxrH

I would like your opinions on this build for factors such as performance, build difficulty, and such. Thank you!

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are going to OC, get a Z170 motherboard. If you are not going to OC, get the i5-6500. If this is just for gaming, 8GB of RAM is more than enough. I recommend a 240GB SSD instead as the value of 120GB SSD are not as good. If don't plan on SLI'ing the 1070, you can get away with a 500W PSU.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Also drop the water cooler if you aren't planning to overclock, unless you want to go as silent as possible (water coolers of course still make sound, just less). Even if you are going to overclock I would recommend getting a cooler with better value than the H110i; it's a pretty overpriced cooler.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube