add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Buffered Parametric Selections

LemonComputers

39 months ago

I'd like to have a system in a parametric selection where if you select part X and part Y, part X could be preferred and part Y would only be chosen if it is $Z cheaper than part X. Say for example. I'd prefer an H100i v2, and would only like the H80i v2 if it was $10 cheaper, and same for SSDs, if there was a faster SSD, I would prefer the faster SSD and only have the parametric selection choose the slower SSD if it was at least $10 cheaper. The buffer should be controllable by the user, say, for me, it would probably be $10.

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd love to put that in, but the configurability would present some major UI hurdles. We've had this requested before, but there just isn't an easy way yet to be able to configure it that would be discoverable, easy to use, and yet powerful enough to configure how you wanted.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

but there just isn't an easy way yet to be able to configure it that would be discoverable, easy to use, and yet powerful

So on the right side of the parametric part in your parts list, you have a black 'lock' icon, right? Currently, when you click on it, it removes the parametric criteria and adds that part as a non-parametric part instead. I was thinking, that maybe, clicking on that icon could instead open a popup box where you could specify the preferred part of the parametric selection and the price buffer range (as well as an option to do what the lock icon currently does). As far as I can imagine that would be as easily discoverable as the popup box currently is for non-parametric parts.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube