add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Whats your take on my build?

Nemesistyx

39 months ago

I have looked through a few other builds in this price range and found we pretty much all share a lot of the same hardware> Just wanting to drop this here and see if there is anything I should be aware of. Im pretty sure every cable to hook this all together will be with it right? This will be my first PC build. And after 4 self reviews only added 100$ more to the budget for memory and a new HDD ( mine just failed the day before hah ).

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kH3YNN

I have heard that some people have had issues with the CPU cooler and the mother board ram location, and being able to properly place the rams where they need to be (#2&4). Anways hopefully get my new card in tomorrow so I can order all the parts to get building it!

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Try the H7 it's a bit better than the 212 and I've heard there is no issue with RAM clearance.

Just my opinion but maybe a better case.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

agreed, also looks better especially with that mobo

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Which case and why? this one comes heaviliy reveiwed and suggested my a ton of blogs reviews and comments in reddit.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing really wrong with the case, it's just an old case. Newer ones usually have better and easier cable management, build quality, features etc. Honestly it's up to you if you want to change it but here are a few options.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

True, it only comes with one fan, the Acrylic version has another one but is more expensive. You really don't need more than 2 fans IMO as long as you have positive air pressure.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

if you use the ram slots farther away from the cooler you will be fine, the build looks great btw. it is very well put together for a first build. that being said unless you really want it you could go with a $70 pair of ram. the difference between 2400 and 3200 is negligible for the price difference. try something like this http://pcpartpicker.com/product/4vWrxr/gskill-memory-f42400c15d16gvr

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

This is actually exactly what i put before changing after looking at benchmarks, this would have been the 2nd set i would have gone with under the tridentz. Thanks

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You guys sound like a bunch of gentlemen, And im not sure if thats because i am high or talking to gentlemen of classy nature in tech. that being said thanks i cant tell you how happy this makes me to read. Ill check out the suggestion and do some more research on it and really consider it! thanks for helping make this buiild awesome! EDIT: But isnt ram pretty important and want to get the highr mhz? EDIT#2: I see you guys might being to help find the happy medium of balance for hardware?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

No, the MHz you see on the RAM is just to make it sound better. All jokes aside though, for the price it is not worth it. Except of course if you feel the need to save 1 second on the load time.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Very well, I can always upgrade later if i feel it needs to be slightly better. Thanks!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube