add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 and DX12

DPRutledge
  • 44 months ago

So, I was given a free (Legit) copy of WIndows 7. What I am curious about is all the talk I have heard of DX12 and Windows 10.

Are any current games needing Windows 10 and DX12 to run? Which ones, so that I know that, by the sound of it, those are off limits.

I know this is something I could Google, but I trust y'all more than I trust Google.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

No games currently require Windows 10 and/or DX12 in order to run at present. The current and upcoming games which support DX12 will still run on Windows 7, you would just have better optimal performance with them on Windows 10.

Windows 7 should still be fine in most instances until Microsoft ends their extended support for the OS in January 2020.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Woot!!!!!!!!!!

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

DX12 is, but at this point DX12 hasn't been anything to write home about. Vulkan is significantly more impressive in terms of performance gains and is open source so it will run on everything from windows 7 to linux. Besides, currently there are no games that only support DX12 and not DX11.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

When you install windows 10, you will have Directx 12 (comes with it)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube