add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Trouble installing Win7 with USB on a new pc build - Gigabyte motherboard

traderjoe
  • 45 months ago

Hello,

I am trying to install Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on a new build. I have an external DVD drive that I intended to use to install Windows, but that is only getting me to the Windows "Install Now" screen.

When I click to install, a prompt pops up saying "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step."

I am using a Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 motherboard that supports Win7 64-bit. The manual from their website says to download the "Windows USB Installation Tool" from GIGABYTE's website and install it before installing Windows 7. I have no idea how to do this on a new build.

I have tried the Windows Download Tool to put the .iso file on my USB, but it is not working.

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

just give up on windows 7 its soo old and outdated and unsupported. Just move on and get windows 10

• 45 months ago
  • 0 points

... "Windows USB Installation Tool" from GIGABYTE's website and install it before installing Windows 7. I have no idea how to do this on a new build.

Plenty of tutorials in the net, including videos.
e.g. GIGABYTE

• 45 months ago
  • 0 points

For anyone having issues, I have found the solution:

First, quick format the USB drive (I used Fat32).

Then download the "Windows Image Tool" from Gigabyte to create a bootable USB device. Open the Windows Image Tool application and select the source path as your disk drive containing the Windows dvd and the path as your USB drive. Put a check in the top box entitled, "Add USB drivers to an offline Windows 7 image." Click start. It should be done in around 2 hours.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube