add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My ~$1000 GTX 1070 build, but I can't figure out the power supply.

MeaNHoTDoG

39 months ago

Hey guys! I'm planning on building a gaming pc with a GTX 1070.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3RfQPs

These are the parts that I picked together, I am limited to a retailer in my area, as I don't live in the US. I put the parts together based on what they have on their website, what a guy from the shop recommended and what comments I read here on the website, or the internet. What do you guys think? Is it a viable setup, is there something I should change? Also I cannot really figure out how much power I need and which power supply to get. Can you maybe recommend me something, or explain how I can figure it out? Thank you for your help in advance!

David

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I am limited to a retailer in my area, as I don't live in the US.

Can you post the options you have available.

What do you guys think? Is it a viable setup, is there something I should change?

I would change the SSD.

Also I cannot really figure out how much power I need and which power supply to get.

For this setup, evenoverclocking everything, a 500-550 watts psu would be fine. If want to add another 1070 later one, get at least a 650 watts psu.

Can you maybe recommend me something, or explain how I can figure it out? Thank you for your help in advance!

If you post all your options, then you can get help. Best way is to look for reviews and jonnyguru is best for that.

In general EVGA G2, P2,GS,PS,GQ,B2 / Seasonic, XFX, Corsair RMx and RMi are all good choices.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

This retailer I mentioned has the following EVGAs: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 850W 80+GOLD (220-G2-0850-XR); EVGA 750W SUPERNOVA (110-B1-0750-V2) that can be in my price range. He recommended me FSP Hyper 700W ATX but I did not find it on this website. With corsair he has CORSAIR VS650 650W 12CM CP-9020051-EU 80+ Bronze, which is in my price range.

With SSD what should I look out for? They have Samsung, A-Data, Dorsair and for a little more money it is 240GB instead of 120 that I posted above. A few examples:

A-DATA Premier SP550 240GB 2.5' SATA3 Samsung 750 EVO Basic 250GB 2.5' SATA3 Corsair Force Series LE 240GB 2.5' SATA3

Is it better to go for a higher end 120Gb one or get a slightly pricier 240Gb one?

Thank you for your kind help!

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't want the EVGA B1. The EVGA G2 850 is an excellent choice but you don't need 850 watts even if adding a second GTX 1070. The FSP hyper and vs650 are also not good choices. With this build you need a good psu. Never skimp on the psu.

Doesn't he have the G2 550 or G2 650?

As for the ssd the SP550 240gb is fine.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

He only has an other G2 850 and then a G2 1000.

He has chieftec, corsair, fsp, seasonic the most, a few cool master and enermax.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

seasonic the most,

Seasonic is great. which ones does he have.

Also cooler master VS and VSM are good units.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

These are the seasonics, that are relevant for us SEASONIC 620W S12II-620 80+ BRONZ; SEASONIC 650W SSR-650RM 80+ GOLD BOX; SEASONIC 650W SS-G650 80+ GOLD MODULAR PSU. I choose that 650W ones so I have the possibility to upgrade.

Cool masters: COOLER MASTER ELITE POWER 600W ATX (RS600-ACABM4-WB); COOLERMASTER G650M 650W 12CM BRONZE MODULAR (RS650-AMAAB1-EU); COOLER MASTER V650 650W MODULAR 80+ Gold (RS650-AFBAG1-EU);

What do you think? Obviously the last one of the seasonic and Cool master on the list are the most expensive.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube