add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First custom build in about 8 years

Kube77

39 months ago

Thoughts on this one? Been so long I am definitely not up to date with technology. Did a bit of research to come up with the below:

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dCqTYr

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($324.00 @ Centre Com)

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($55.00 @ CPL Online)

Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($235.00 @ IJK)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($97.90 @ Newegg Australia)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($125.00 @ Umart)

Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive ($176.00 @ CPL Online)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X Video Card ($479.00 @ Scorptec)

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case ($165.00 @ CPL Online)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($159.00 @ CPL Online)

Total: AU$1815.90

I haven't overclocked before, but would like the option if required at a later date. Doesn't totally break the bank to add the option in. If I didn't have to I would go with the i5-6500 ($270), get rid of the CPU fan and maybe even downgrade the motherbaord to the Gigabyte H170 Gaming 3 ($189), a savings of around $140.

The m.2 version of the Samsing Evo 850 is the same price as the standard SSD so I went with that. Not sure if there would be a reason not to as it looks like my motherboard can handle it?

Power supply is probably more than I need, but for an extra $30 from the 650W version might as well go for it I thought.

Any suggestions/edits would be much appreciated. Going to bite the bullet shortly as my (very) old current PC is about to cark it.

Cheers

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

that seems good to me.... that AU pricing though,, i feel for you man

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube