add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will this be enough w on my psu?

KillerStrafe

39 months ago

I have the corsair builder series cx600w psu and right now using integrated graphics but I'm going to order my GTX 1060 gaming x 6gb will it be enough power? With and without over clocking? Part list: I5 6600k Cooler master 212 evo Asus z170-a 8gb ram 2x4 Corsair builder series 600w Samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd Sea gate 1tb

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

is fine yes.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Is that with an Oc or no?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

600w is way more than enough to oc a 6600k & 1060, I'd swap to a gold psu if you don't have the builder already tho.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I hope you don't mind me asking but how much would I be able to oc to while keeping it safe?

• 39 months ago
  • 3 points

doesn't matter one bit. the 1060 has no chops to use anything significant over stock. they are voltage locked cards anyway and you'll top out at 2100 mhz core or so, using a mere few watts more than stock. this build is around 200 watts at load, nothing remotely to be concerned about. if you could clock the card to 4ghz and the cpu to 6.5ghz with appropriate voltage for both which would be crazy, you might fill up a 550 watt psu with these parts, maybe.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube