add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can Aerocool X-strike 600W handles the gtx 1060 ?

RomanAR
  • 42 months ago

TITLE SAYS IT ALL

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 4 points

I would not reccomend buying that psu, period. A 450-500w quality unit would be more sutible and ensures a longer life for your pc, and yes, this is a serious matter. A psu is not the part you want to cheap out on.

Reccomendations:
For super budget- https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zNK7YJ/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr
Reccomended- https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4Vzv6h/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii430b

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

actually, It is the one i have right now. and i'm very cautious about inserting a 1060 on my rig and ask before anything else. Thank you for responding.

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

In terms of wattage, it can handle it, no problem.

In terms of the quality of that power supply, it's really not that great and I'm not sure how well it would handle a heavy load (not that the 1060 is gonna draw the full 600W).

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! thanks for the information.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not so bad as to be dangerous, it can handle a 1060. If you've had it longer than the warenty on the box i would suggest replacing it anyway

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I just had it for about a month or so. but ever since i saw the review of it i'm planning of replacing it once i have the money.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! thanks for the recommendations.

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, it can handle it no problem.

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, the Aerocool X-strike 600W can handle the GTX 1060. The minimum I would recommend for a rig with a GTX 1060 is about 450W.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Aerocool X-strike is 80+ Bronze

• 42 months ago
  • 5 points

It's actually not (the certification is fake), but efficiency is not relevant anyway.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh i see. Thanks for the information Orion

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube