add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

{GAMING PC} purchase next week

robinjin

39 months ago

Hey guys , i've been wanting to replace my gaming PC for a while now and finally I have saved up the money to buy all the components and build a PC.

Tell me what you guys think about these components and how you guys think my PC will function as a whole and any final impressions/improvements you guys have.

I'm also curious how good of an overclock i'll be able to achieve using this specific CPU cooler.

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/user/robinjin/saved/#view=T4QCmG

I will mainly be playing RUST and i've been saving up for this new PC specifically to achieve more frames in that game.

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks to me like you have everything ready to go! Congrats on saving up and making the upgrade :)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks alot ! hopefully i don't have too much trouble getting the build right :P

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want to overclock you need a better motherboard. Don't expect too much of this one.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

what mobo would you reccomend? I thought it just had to be a z170 motherboard for overclocking to be allowed for the i5 6600k, which is what i'm currently looking to buy.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You need a better Z170.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

could you reccomend me a better one? i've got no idea on the differences between the same z170 model.

cheers :)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

cheers , so this mobo will give me a better overclock ?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

will the cheaper GPU affect the performance of the whole rig even though its the same 1070? I don't get why this one is cheaper yet they're the same 1070s.

[comment deleted]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

cheers for that mark , i think i'll buy the motherboard you reccomended me. As for the cheaper graphics card you reccomended me , since i will be overclocking it , will the overclock hit a cap that the more expensive version of the same 1070 ( http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/product/YpH48d/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-g1-gaming-video-card-gv-n1070g1-gaming-8gd) would otherwise not?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube