add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H115i Installation

kofgokhan

40 months ago

Hi,

I just installed a H115i to my PC. I have the ASUS Z170-PRO motherboard and NZXT H440 with a fan hub.

Currently, The two radiator fans are connected to the water pump itself with a built in splitter.

The pump is connected to the motherboard using the CPU_FAN header.

In ASUS's AI Suite I see the water pump written in red and with 0 rpm.

Everything works I just want to utilize the motherboard as best I can since it has a W_PUMP header and a CPU_OPT header.

I am planning to change the connections as follows:

1) The pump to the W_PUMP header. 2) One of the radiator fans to the CPU_FAN header and the other radiator fan to the CPU_OPT header 3) The remaining case fans to a CHAS_FAN header using the PWM cable on the fan hub.

Is this the optimal way or should leave it as is?

Thanks.

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I am planning to change the connections as follows:

It would work fine, but... The reason for connecting pump to cpu_fan is in case pump fails. I believe motherboard would only fail to start if fan on cpu_fan header stops working but I may be wrong. Reason why if you don't use the W_pump header motherboard would still boot fine.

As for asus AI suite, I would advise you not to use it as it causes too many issues. Even removing it is an issue.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Dont you have a USB cable to control your settings with Corsair Link software??

Currently, The two radiator fans are connected to the water pump itself with a built in splitter. The pump is connected to the motherboard using the CPU_FAN header.

You have the connections correct, but no software to control or monitor your hardware or pump settings

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube