38 months ago
Hello! I've updated my build and reposted quite a few times based on feedback and added my #1 goal below
I've been ghosting the forums for a while now and I've about finished my build. After noticing it'll save me about $900 to build my own with better parts versus FalconNorthwest (who are a great company but come on, it's $900) I've decided to build. Would love feedback based on my goals below as well as any weaknesses you may see in the build.
(1) Longetivity, Longetivity, Longetivity, this is #1 for a reason - I want a TitanXP because I want to run MOST games at at least high quality for the next 3-4 years. I have managed to do this with SLI 670's since 2011.
(2) Reduce bottlenecks at every point, pure gaming PC
(3) Moderate overclocking, nothing crazy (4) No need for 4K Gaming potential (yet), definitely want it VR-Ready
(4) Have it be moderately quiet but it's not a big deal
(5) Matte black type of case
(6) Massive amount of storage not necessary (or is it?) I don't keep loads of games on PC at once. Intention to play games on SSD, store others on HDD.
(7) Intention to add another Titan X later on down the line IF it becomes necessary, or wait for VOLTA
(8) External soundcard is a possiblity due to being a low key audiophile, I use high quality headphones so I'm not sure if its necessary