add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Lightroom/Photoshop build - help please!

dpendleton

39 months ago

Hi,

I've been saving up for a while for a lightroom/photoshop pc build. I've built before, but not for a long, long time. I'd appreciate any thoughts, particularly any issues I might have that the compatibility checker may have missed.

I'm intending to put OS/Apps on the 500gb SSD, Catalogs on the M.2s with the 1TB SSD for storage. Not looking to go 10bit at the moment.

Edited to change the MB.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jYcb2R

Many thanks,

Dan

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Why do you have 2 M.2 512 SSD instead of a single 1 TB? The latter should be cheaper.

Also, the GTX 970 is outperformed by the GTX 1060 or RX 480 and they cost less.

Will you (ever) overclock this PC?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube