add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Lonerbird

38 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rq4MCy

If I wanted to record while gaming or live stream, should I get the i7 6700k instead?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have the money, it would be best to get it.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Well what exactly are you wanting to do with this build? If you can, please answer the following questions:

• What is your intended use?
  • If gaming, what performance are you looking to get?
  • What is your budget for this system?

Also, I noticed you had a WiFi adapter, is that really necessary? And are you going to be using CDs and DVDs, cause if not you can scrap that.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Well, my intended use is mostly just gaming, but I will also be editing videos, using photoshop, after affects, and all that.. so I switched the i5 with an i7.

2. Performance-wise Im hoping to get at least 50+ fps on ultra settings for most games. I probably will be recording too, but likely with 1080 resolution.

3. My budget was $1000, but I raised it to $1500. I would rather spend an extra $500 on a pc that will last me a while, rather than upgrade every year or so.

Also the wifi adapter is kinda necessary because my routers over 100ft away. Trust me, I measured it :D. we have a wifi extender so it seemed like a adapter was the best way to go. I only got the optical drive to install the OS, thats about it.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

You could go this direction with that budget:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $328.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $34.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $132.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sandisk Ultra II 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $76.80 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.99 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card $414.98 @ Newegg
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $84.88 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter $14.99 @ Newegg
Keyboard Cooler Master OCTANE Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $29.99 @ Newegg
Headphones Logitech G930 7.1 Channel Headset $80.99 @ Best Buy
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1554.55
Mail-in rebates -$65.00
Total $1489.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-26 15:31 EDT-0400

This is pretty much all about the gfx card, but it also gets you the 6700K.

You would be better off getting power line adapters rather than stressing about weak Wi-Fi.

You can install Win10 from a memory stick, so the optical drive is probably redundant.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

memory stick?.... oh memory stick :D

lol. thnx for the tip. saved me 20 bucks.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

It's cheaper to buy an ethernet cable than an adapter. 200FT RJ45 CAT5 CAT5E BLUE ETHERNET LAN NETWORK CABLE for $13.22. The wired connection will also help you tremendously with gaming. Just get the 200ft ethernet cord and run some cable managers through your house to get the cord out of the way.

Also, you won't much difference with the i5 than the i7, though the i7 will last you a bit longer. The bit about you rather spending an extra 500 that'll last you a while, is a bit redundant. Despite what you get, the i5 or i7, as well as some of the other components, they'll last you a while. You definitely won't have to upgrade every year, possibly every 4 or so, but the same would be for the 1070 and 1080 GTX cards.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube