add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

£1200 Build - Final opinions and suggestion - Anything welcome

IG007PL

39 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/IG007PL/saved/Nkcf7P

This PC will be used for mostly gaming and some video/photo editing. Therefore I got a 1070 which also gives me the option to SLI in the future of I want to, this is also why the PSU is a little bit overkill. I think that an i5-6600k will do the job but what do you guys think ? I wont be throwing anything super intensive on it, will be probably rendering a video per month or something like that and edit some photos after a trip somewhere. The main games that will be played are: CSGO (144hz), Arma 3, BF 1, and some other AAA titles.

I wanted to wait for the Corsair 460x RGB but that is coming at the end of November so I will probably stick to the 400c.

If you have anything you'd like to say then please do, anything will be appreciated. Thanks in advance !

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Asus z170 pro gaming is a step up over their "a" board as per the techreport build guide, it's basically the same price too.

The rest looks good but why post the usa version if you're in the uk? Change the country flag top right corner & you get all uk pricing & availability too :D

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £210.00 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler £39.99 @ Ebuyer
Motherboard Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £126.44 @ More Computers
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £89.99 @ Novatech
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £79.99 @ Amazon UK
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £42.95 @ Amazon UK
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card £419.99 @ Amazon UK
Case Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case £89.99 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £107.21 @ CCL Computers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1206.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-25 16:35 BST+0100
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Whenever I go to the website it defaults to US, I probably forgot to change it. I'm going for a Black and white build and the PRO Gaiming would kind of mess this up. Would you recommend the 170 - PRO then ? (Not PRO gaming)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I was just going by the techreport piece tbh but hopefully you can google around for reviews for a better mobo that matches your colour scheme.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube