add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Robin_Andersson

38 months ago

Hi, I'd like to upgrade my pre-built PC. I'm looking into the "unplugged" gpus because then I wouldn't have to upgrade the psu->mobo... etc. (the mobo has a weird 16pin connector instead of a 24 one).

My question is: Would there be any trouble with the power since my PSU is only 280 watts and I'm upgrading to a better gpu?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on what your CPU is, cause if it's an i5 or i7 I'd say you'd need a larger power supply. I would get a new one anyways, 280W won't get you anywhere if you want to upgrade more.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

if you input all your compants into this website it will tell you how much W you are using currently. then if you take out the current gpu and put in the other one you can see. (you need to give about 50W for usb slots etc).

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube