add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Bullitb

38 months ago

Hi guys, Can you please help me pick a mobo (there is just so many of them!!!!) i will be getting the following parts (the case is actually the
Cooler Master Silencio 452 ATX Mid Tower Case). i want 4 ram slots and i will need a good few usb slots. i will hold off on a gpu until xmas thanks very much.

Cooler Master Silencio 450 ATX Mid Tower Case

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor £174.00 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard MSI B150 PC Mate ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £79.86 @ Amazon UK
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £67.91 @ More Computers
Case Cooler Master Silencio 450 ATX Mid Tower Case -
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply £49.99 @ Novatech
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £371.76
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-25 21:51 BST+0100
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks commodore64! will i be able to connect 1/2 ssds and 2 hdd to it? can i ask why you picked that over a z170?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Typically, a Z170 motherboard is used in conjunction with a -K CPU (which allows for overclocking), which is why I went with a B150 motherboard. The Z170 boards also support over 2133mhz RAM, so there's no real reason in this scenario to get one.

The motherboard includes 6 SATA ports, which is plenty for 6 connections (CD/DVD drive, HDD, SSD, etc). If you ever decided on a M.2 SSD, just note that by using one (which doesn't use a SATA port), you'd be blocking/disabling two of the SATA ports by default.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ok thanks very much for all that!!!

can i just check if id be able to move my ssd (win7) from my old pc to this new one?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You can move the SSD over. If the Win 7 was retail, you can call microsoft and have them transfer the license. If it was an OEM copy, you'd need to wipe the drive and reinstall Windows (new copy).

Honestly I'd grab a copy of Windows 10 and get the Anniversary Update. With that, the license will now be tied to your MS account rather than the motherboard. This means if you ever switched motherboards, you wouldn't need a new copy of Windows :).

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

sound thanks for that!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

what about some of my old applications? ive cs4 and cant / wont pay for the subscriptions can they be installed on win 10?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube