add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on my build please? (HELP)

Kroganeye

38 months ago

Hey thank you for checking my build out! Okay, to start off, my goals are to play games like CS:GO, Runescape, and some fps games such as battlefield 1, (Medium settings?) and skyrim. (no mods) A little bit of video editing on the base elgato software for the original elgato: game capture would be nice as well. I am a sophomore, and will be getting a job over the summer, so I can further upgrade my CPU later for intensive video editing. I have a few questions: My friend gave me his old 500W PSU and I want to know if that will be enough for this build? (Lists at 320W) My big question is though: Can I achieve my goals I said earlier? Thank you so much and please help me out. Also, any opinions are very welcome whether they be good or bad. Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/PWFYd6

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

500W PSU and I want to know if that will be enough

That shall be plenty.

Edits on build:

• The aftermarket CPU cooler is not necessary as the i3 6100 already includes a stock cooler. Unless you want your build to look nicer there is no real reason to spend the extra money.

• You shouldn't really rely on parametric filters for SSDs as some can be really awful. I wouldn't say the AMD R3 240GB performs badly but I am uncertain of it's reliability as it currently has no PcPP reviews and isn't so popular. An alternative that performs a little better and trustworthy is the Adata Premier SP550 (comparison). Or if you are willing to spend a few more dollars you can go with the PNY CS1311 (comparison).

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man! Will definitely look into a better SSD! Thanks for replying! :)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

These.

Also; who makes the 500W PSU your friend is giving you? What does it say on the label?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube