add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on my first build idea

garritymatt10

38 months ago

This is going to be my first build and i was looking for some feedback on it. I will be using this pc for gaming and any feedback on it would be great. Thank you. I already have a spare case laying around so i left that out. This is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qvgZcc

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

wow this list is great! lots of shiny expensive parts your pc is gonna run great hope u don't have a gf that need attention because she sure won't get any of you make this pc!!!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything is pretty solid. But it's also $1,000. Is that alright with you?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i dont really know how i could make it any cheaper and still get a quality pc. any suggestions?

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Will used PC work? Check your deals on eBay-Craigslist and stuff. I know they came from shady business but sometime you might find a deal.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah ill look around

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If your using this pc for gaming. It depends what you want. 4K or 1080p if your 1080p ultra on you would be fine with a little bit of a cheaper mobo. If your looking for like 4k then I'd say get a i5 6600k and a gtx 1070 . you can also do 2x4gb for dual channel or 2x8gb for dual channel 16gb. I3 6100 will save you money for now and you can run all the games today at pretty much ultra 1080p.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Im only looking for 1080p and at the moment i have no intention of overclocking. im just concerned that the i3 will lack in the future on performance thats why i put the i5 in there. But im completely new to this so would you recomend the i3 for me.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Well I'm building me a daily gaming rig. And I'm going to be using

Gigabyte h110m I3 6100 Gtx 1060 6gb EVGA SC for there lifetime warranty 2x4gb hyper A-data 1206gb for os 1TB We blue 500W 80plus evga

I checked benchmarks like all week and gta 5 runs ultra 1080p over 60fps no problem. The skylake i3 is a monster dude :) I have checked doom gta 5 hitman far cry primal. Some one I was talking to tried forza 6 apex with this build but the 3gb graphics and it ran high not ultra cause it needed more then 3gb we have more then 3. You will have a z170 so you can get a i56600k later on if you want :) but you should be fine if you only want 1080

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry I did not see the Wi-Fi adapter. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/L8Lb2R here check this :) saves you a couple bucks and you will be able to game 1080p ultra on all the new games. You can save up for a i5 6600k and enjoy all your games perfectly fine while you save., you can also take the Samsung SSD and use a A data to save 10-15$ if you want

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

so would you recommend just getting the i5 6600k and just over clocking it. if so what mother board would be good for that.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

The z170 would be the only motherboard but if your fine with 1080p there's not really a need to spend the money on a 6600k if you don't want to spend more money, you could even get a h170 or b150 mobo to save if you don't want to overclock just make sure,more then one pci for the Wi-Fi adapter,

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

okay thanks

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally, I would definitely go with a Corsair RM650i PSU, Longer life, very durable, whisper quiet, 80+gold certified rather than bronze and looks great too :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube