add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do I make this compatible

Luke4

38 months ago

Also once I have built the computer how do I update Bios if necessary link to build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3BrPJV

If there are any upgrades or problems please suggest as I am a first time builder and don't really know what im doing

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Well, a little tip - As of right now all the AMD CPUs are old and have poor performance for the price. The only time you should really get them is if you are on a really, really low budget, that CPU is on a big discount or you wait for AMD Zen which will come out around the end of the year or the start of the next year. But right now Intel Skylake CPUs outperform most AMD CPUs.

You should also get a better power supply.

The other problem is that you have an optical drive, but your case doesn't have and bay to put it. To fix the problem you can:

• Ditch the OD

• Change your case

Edited list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor £174.00 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard ASRock B150M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £62.49 @ Scan.co.uk
Memory Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £25.99 @ Amazon UK
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £42.95 @ Amazon UK
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card £128.88 @ CCL Computers
Case Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case £61.41 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply £49.56 @ BT Shop
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £545.28
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-27 23:59 BST+0100
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

So what cpu should I get for around £160.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I5 6500. i5 6400 is a little bit cheaper but has less bang for buck.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I just assumed the higher ghz the better what does that actually affect then. Also if I don't have an OD how do I install the operating system and games

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Eh. There is a little more to that. The Intel chips have stronger single core performance which is what games need.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

AMDs single core performance ******* blows atm, 8 core @ 4ghz vs 4 core @ 3.2ghz = ...

You can use a usb stick to install windows, if you have access to another pc with dvd drive to make the usb on, for games the majority of pc gamers tend to use steam/gog and other download services now.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube