add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Intel i5-6600k/GTX 1070 Build Questions

Larkaywatt

38 months ago

Howdy howdy howdy! I've heard great things about the helpfulness of this community, and since this is my first build I'd like to get some extra opinions before I blow a bunch of money on it. Here's the part list: pcpartpicker (I already have a case, some fans, and a power supply.)

First Question! What's the approximate lifetime of this computer? How long until I'll have to upgrade?

Second Question! Will it handle graphics intensive stuff like next-gen games (Titanfall 2 and Dishonored 2 are games I'm all hyped for) and CPU intensive stuff like music production, 3D animation, and games such as PlanetSide 2 (yay sequels)?

Third Question! I don't really have a third question, but hey!

Thanks for any and all help you've got!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

First Question! What's the approximate lifetime of this computer? How long until I'll have to upgrade?

You could easily last 5 years if not longer.

next-gen games

There is no such thing as next gen games unless you are talking about games years down the road. This is current gen.

! Will it handle graphics intensive stuff like next-gen games (Titanfall 2 and Dishonored 2 are games I'm all hyped for) and CPU intensive stuff like music production, 3D animation, and games such as PlanetSide 2 (yay sequels)?

Yes.

That AIO is of awful value, that motherboard doesn't support overclocking. You can get faster RAM for cheaper. What PSU do you have?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know the brand but the PSU is 400W or better. What do you mean by AIO?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't know what PSU it is I would just buy a new one to be safe.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably because I didn't know that would be unnecessary; I thought liquid-cooling was just a more efficient option :P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube